Howdy friends, One of the most action packed games of Symbian era, SkyForce from the developer of wonderfully beautiful games, Infinite Dreams, has made a début in Android and iOS play Stores as Sky Force 2014. Celebrating its 10th anniversary Edition, game has new challenging levels, graphics and animation. Immensely attractive action packed game now has, a new addition of Voice-over support by system AI in a female voice that, in headphones or over Speakers makes the game-play more immersive and aggressive. Here are certain details I would like to throw in for those users who are having a first time interaction with the game.
Sky Force 2014 has 8 levels with progressive unlocking regimen. Every new Stage unlocks when number of medals to unlock that stage are achieved. and So you go on like this. Game becomes increasingly challenging once you have crossed the Stage 4.
You can unlock 4 Medallions per Stage.
- Destroy 70% of Enemies Forces.
- Destroy 100% of Enemies Forces
- Rescue All People.
- Stay untouched.
And by default each stage comes in NORMAL mode. Once you have procured all 4 Medals in a particular stage, you unlock the HARD mode in that Stage with those 4 medals to be unlocked Again! Successfully conquer of 4 Medals in HARD mode takes you further to final INSANE mode. So there are a total of 12 Medallions and a progressive challenge in each Stage where ‘Observation’ is the key. For those who are new to Sky Force series, master the pattern of appearance of your enemy planes/cannons/choppers. Yes, there is a fixed pattern!
- Health – endurance of the plane.
- Main Cannon – power of bullets from main cannon.
- Wing Cannon – power of bullets from wing cannons.
- Magnet – ability of the plane to attract stars from a distance.
- Missiles – power of missiles launched by automatic intelligent missile launcher.
Special upgrades are:
- Energy Shield
- Mega Bomb
Upgrades are smart and each component can be upgraded to a Level 3 at a cost of stars earned. You can Buy additional stars from Store purchases for quick advancement. Care should be taken to upgrade components wisely.
Using special upgrades:
Special upgrades are available in certain stages of Skyforce 2014 as soon as the stage begins. You can equip upto 5 of each upgrades(upto 5 lasers, upto 5 energy shields and 3 mega bombs) per stage. For using the Special upgrade, remove the finger from screen while playing. You will get into Slow-Motion mode and now you will see three buttons to select which power to use, with the number of each one available at the moment. You earn additional special upgrades by killing the enemies as well.
Verdict and Advice:
Little but handy things to remember while playing Sky force 2014.
- Use your power of Observation and master the patterns of appearances of enemy planes.
- Before progressing to tougher Stages try mastering levels in previous stages and collecting as many medals.
- Upgrade your plane carefully.
- Do not under-estimate the power of Special upgrades.
- Move with one objective in mind and focus on attaining one medal at a time.
Catch in Stage 5: The Walkthrough for Stage 5
Stage 5 is a very tactful stage of Sky force 2014. Where your ability of be swiftly navigating your plane will be on test. There is an EMF missile launched by a submarine which constantly follows your plane, it never dies until the end. And on striking your plane, it renders your plane void of all the defence and fire-power. Your plane now just moves on with no fire-power or equipments. To clear this stage you require:
- A constant track of the missiles’ location and keep it diverting by quick motions.
- One flank to opposite side of Missiles direction makes it take a circular round and again come towards your plane, so you gain additional time to kill the cannons on ground. Thankfully, no enemy planes in this stage.
- Keep moving plane randomly.
- Aim for one medal at a time.
- From options menu try using ‘away-from-thumb’ plane guiding mode (Screenshot below). It allows you to relocate your plane quickly as soon as EMF missile approaches near.
Suggestion: If stricken by Missile no other such missile will come and you can not shoot now. Do not exit game but try saving humans and reach the end to procure at least one medal, and it’s still possible! Yes I did that, by just escaping the enemy fires and care fully guiding your plane in safe spots, since there is no EMF missile following your plane now.
Story after Stage 6 (on Sky Force Stage 7 )
Finally Stage 7 is unlocked and I have cleared in 3rd attempt. Here is a guide for you on how to clear Skyforce Stage 7.
Clear Skyforce Stage 7:
This stage is heavily swarmed with lots of cannons, multi-directional cannons and squadron of planes, usually in groups of 20. But it’s nearly impossible to complete this stage without the help of powers! Here is an extended guide for clearing Stage 7.
- Its best to load your plane with maximum number of shields but use them wisely. You will surely need 2 lasers and best to carry 2 Mega bombs.
- Initially you can tackle with all the ground cannons and tanks easily if playing with precision and avoiding bullets.
- As and when a squadron of Golden planes arrives, you need to be extra careful, keep in focus the cannons on the ground .
- Keep Shield ready when you feel its a lot of activity on screen because it really gets messy at times.
- If you play well and keep the striking-streak (your streak bar on top of screen) alive, you will earn 2 Lasers and 3 shields during game-play.
- As you reach in middle there will be a Squadron of big green planes, that will surround you from all the four sides. To tackle this situation, you can use two strategies.
- Use shield (if playing for STAY UNTOUCHED medal, and wait for first squadron to surround you, and unleash the Megabomb. But wait one more squadron appears quicklt after this. Tackle them with same strategy or you can form your own.
- use shield and wait for the second squadron as well to arrive along with planes from first squadron. Position plane on the bottom of the screen And now unleash the Laser and swipe plane from left to right(or vice versa), and kill on the cannons mounted on the green planes, and now you are through!
- Now as you proceed there will be a spot where as many as 30+ Golden planes will come. Don’t loose focus, better kill them with a Laser, or use Shield and kill them with cannon, by quickly moving your plane LEFT-RIGHT-LEFT.
Boss battle Skyforce stage 7
- Boss Battle is really gruesome! Toughest boss till now! To defeat the Stage 7 Boss, you need at-least 2 shields and 2 lasers or 1 laser and a Mega-bomb. But Laser is always effective. As soon as Boss Tank comes out of the Garage, quickly use a shield and use laser to kill the central cannon first, and then go for electric cannons on Front and small cannons at the tail. As you kill the last cannon, now a central cannons plus two wing cannons appear that never go off! You definitely need shield to at least direct your Firepower to them, and can’t face those cannons upfront. Kill them with laser! and You WIN!!
Skyforce Stage 8
Stage 8 of Sky Force is now open. will soon publish the walk through when I am finished.
Please post any questions for help. I am a fan of this game for last 10 years, and it has never stopped being so wonderful!!
You can add me from my GOOGLE+ Profile for Tournament play!
Thanks for reading!