There had been a lot in the world of internet in the year 2012. From Censor to Lawsuits, it has always been a matter of global discussions and in certain cases, criticism. Once such story, we may all know about is about the seizure of the ile sharing website MEGAUPLOAD in early 2012. But it is Back, with certain changes this while.
Well, Kim Dotcom, the owner of MEGUPLOAD, was for long in the hit list of US government for his service Mega Upload being accused of copyright infringement by the US claiming to cost the entertainment industry $500M through pirated content. He is fighting the attempt to extradite Kim Dotcom to the US.
Mega has a complete makeover this time. A dedicated file server with special options for people with developer profiles. A separate management for mobile users and support for spreadsheets and google docs!
Here is the new look of the all new MEGA, the cloud sharing website in its Beta phase.
Well, there are future enhancements posted by MEGA team as follows:
Developer documentation enhancements:
- Add missing command-specific documentation to the API reference
File transfer queue enhancements:
- Vertical resizing
- Drag & Drop to modify transfer sequence
- Clicking on a pending transfer navigates to/marks the source file or the target folder
- Stop/continue buttons
File manager enhancements:
- Re-implement from scratch without underlying third-party UI framework for better performance
- Adaptively eliminate the leftmost file path buttons at the top to maintain visibility of the upload and search buttons (we have a hack in place for this, but it only works in Chrome)
- “Properties” option in the file context menu
Collaboration feature enhancements:
- MEGA user-to-user messaging with file attachments, plus external RFC 4880/OpenPGP and S/MIME gateway for secure off-site e-mail communication
- MEGA user-to-user instant messaging
- Exported link enhancements
- Allow for the creation of folder links (with associated crypto key) which then display the folder content live
- Secure unauthenticated delivery web widget
- Allow unauthenticated users to securely deliver files to MEGA users’ inboxes, e.g. to submit very large files to print shops
- Activate storing all block MACs on the server (encrypted) after an upload to allow for integrity-checked partial reading. Right now, the file has to be downloaded fully to be checked.
- Enable forking encrypted time-stamped delta file support to allow for random writing to existing files with full rollback capability
- Complete the API documentation
- Provide client libraries in various languages
- A Windows filesystem mount is currently in beta and will be available shortly
- Linux/MacOS X filesystem mounts
- Mobile access
- Sync tools for all major platforms
Integrated on-site applications
- Word processing
MEGA as a local “appliance”
- Be immune against new bugs of any kind
You can Check thew all new MEGA here.
Just remember, the website is in BETA phase and there is some time delay in opening due to visitor load. Indeed everyone want to attend the most famous File sharing giant’s Homecoming!
Thanks for reading.